Roughing After The Whistle Discussion Boards
Are they trading Butler to Houston? - Printable Version

+- Roughing After The Whistle Discussion Boards (https://www.roughingafterthewhistle.com)
+-- Forum: Basketball (https://www.roughingafterthewhistle.com/Forum-Basketball)
+--- Forum: NBA (https://www.roughingafterthewhistle.com/Forum-NBA)
+--- Thread: Are they trading Butler to Houston? (/Thread-Are-they-trading-Butler-to-Houston)

Pages: 1 2

Are they trading Butler to Houston? - shawn81 - 2018-10-25

Just got a notification from score Rockets are working on a trade for Butler
Dont think things will go well in Houston with Harden,Paul and Melo along with Butler if the trade is done

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

RE: Are they trading Butler to Houston? - encore - 2018-10-25

If Butler doesn’t like Towns’ work ethic then I’m absolutely certain he’s going to love Harden and Carmelo’s work ethic.

RE: Are they trading Butler to Houston? - Stevie_Y - 2018-10-26

Butler seems like a douche.

RE: Are they trading Butler to Houston? - shawn81 - 2018-10-29

(2018-10-26, 07:50 AM)Stevie_Y Wrote: Butler seems like a douche.
Agreed guy thinks wolves cant win without him.Iwould.like to seem him on the Knicks

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

RE: Are they trading Butler to Houston? - Gus - 2018-11-10

Butler has been traded to Philly.

https://www.tsn.ca/report-76ers-acquire-butler-from-timberwolves-1.1207562

RE: Are they trading Butler to Houston? - bicboi - 2018-11-10

Simmons, Embiid, and Butler. They have defense, offense, playmaking and size in their stars. I think Boston and Philly will be the ones challenging Toronto for top seed in the East.

RE: Are they trading Butler to Houston? - thebest41587 - 2018-11-10

Was talking basketball with some guys I play ball against last night, they were saying they were more afraid of Milwaukee than Philly. Thinking they may change that tune now lol.

RE: Are they trading Butler to Houston? - dmc23 - 2018-11-10

Will be interesting how he gels. He was a real asshole in Minnesota. Will he be better now?

RE: Are they trading Butler to Houston? - Chris D - 2018-11-10

Philly was fringe competitor for top in the East...this gives them a boost...should be right there in the top 3 now.

RE: Are they trading Butler to Houston? - bicboi - 2018-11-10

(2018-11-10, 07:05 PM)dmc23 Wrote: Will be interesting how he gels. He was a real asshole in Minnesota. Will he be better now?

As rude as it was for him to call out his teammates in practice, his points are really wrong. KAS and Wiggins aren't playing their best and the lack of effort is definitely contributing towards Minnesota barely getting better over the years

RE: Are they trading Butler to Houston? - encore - 2018-11-11

Any time you add a top 20 player you're putting the league on notice. With that said, let's not pretend Philly didn't give up much either. They have serious issues and they just traded away two of their only reliable jump shooters. They're gonna have to get creative offensively. Due to this being so early in the season and there being so much time to gel before the playoffs I think this was a good move for Philly, but it doesn't come without any risks.

RE: Are they trading Butler to Houston? - duediligence - 2018-11-11

(2018-11-11, 06:44 AM)encore Wrote: Any time you add a top 20 player you're putting the league on notice. With that said, let's not pretend Philly didn't give up much either. They have serious issues and they just traded away two of their only reliable jump shooters. They're gonna have to get creative offensively. Due to this being so early in the season and there being so much time to gel before the playoffs I think this was a good move for Philly, but it doesn't come without any risks.

The other big 3 in the east, Toronto, Boston and Milwaukee, all have much greater depth than Philly. I see Philly beating lots of lesser teams but not those ones.

RE: Are they trading Butler to Houston? - bicboi - 2018-11-11

I can't wait to see Simmons progression. I think his shooting is only gonna get better

RE: Are they trading Butler to Houston? - duediligence - 2018-11-12

(2018-11-11, 03:26 PM)bicboi Wrote: I can't wait to see Simmons progression. I think his shooting is only gonna get better

It better. He is not a good shooter.

RE: Are they trading Butler to Houston? - encore - 2018-11-12

(2018-11-12, 11:55 AM)duediligence Wrote:
(2018-11-11, 03:26 PM)bicboi Wrote: I can't wait to see Simmons progression. I think his shooting is only gonna get better

It better. He is not a good shooter.

Yeah he's legitimately an awful shooter.

70% of his field goals come within 8 feet of the basket (includes lay-ups and dunks). His FG% from any distance beyond that is about 35%. He becomes a much more difficult to defend when you have to defend the jump shot. If he added that dimension to his game, he'd probably immediately be a top 5 player in the NBA.

RE: Are they trading Butler to Houston? - Canuxxx - 2018-11-12

I still like the Raps and the Celtics in the East.

RE: Are they trading Butler to Houston? - Canuxxx - 2018-11-12

Since last years playoffs, the Sixers have now lost Belinelli, Ilyasova, Covington and Saric. Four really good shooters. Who's going to replace them?

Redick is the only reliable shooter they have now.

RE: Are they trading Butler to Houston? - shawn81 - 2018-11-15

(2018-11-10, 07:05 PM)dmc23 Wrote: Will be interesting how he gels. He was a real asshole in Minnesota. Will he be better now?
I say no

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

RE: Are they trading Butler to Houston? - himmelblau - 2019-01-05

Seems he is still a problem.

Calling out new coach.

I hope he's run out of the league.

RE: Are they trading Butler to Houston? - encore - 2019-01-05

He is being used improperly. Still though, when you’ve burned your bridges on your previous two teams you’d think he’d wait a little while longer before dumping on the lighter fluid.